CALL FOR SCORES | Compose yourself! Re-defining the Typical Composition Contest
|CALL FOR SCORES | Compose yourself! Re-defining the Typical Composition Contest|
|Deadline:||22 May 2017|
|Date Posted:||20 March 2017|
With support from New Music USA, MPLS (imPulse) is pleased to announce a contest for original music. Three compositions will be selected for performance in upcoming concert cycles; chosen composers will each receive a $1000 award.|
About the ensemble:
• Fully-paid, professional ensemble. 24 voices equally distributed among SATB
• Singers are flexible and versatile
Score and Eligibility Requirements:
Our vision as an ensemble seeks to redefine the typical choral experience in a changing world. We encourage composers to embrace this vision and use the competition as an opportunity to challenge his/her compositional voice.
▪ Composers must currently live or have lived in Minnesota
▪ Scores must be approximately 3 - 5 minutes in length
▪ SATB (opt. div), a cappella (opt percussion and/or obbligato instrument, if desired)
▪ Submissions must evoke the subject matter of the chosen concert cycle (see options and deadlines in the Concert Cycles section)
▪ Any text used must be public domain or, in the case of copyright, come with proof of permission for use.
▪ Composers may submit scores for one or more concert cycle.
Scores must be delivered via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Call for Scores.” MIDI recordings in MP3 format are welcome, but not required. Submissions will be received by an MPLS (imPulse) board member who will assign the score a number and remove composer identification for anonymous review by our Artistic Director. All questions regarding the contest are welcome.