FNMC COMPOSITION COMPETITION
|FNMC COMPOSITION COMPETITION|
|Summary:||Flute competition with 4 categories|
|Deadline:||01 June 2017|
|Date Posted:||01 February 2017|
The Flute New Music Consortium promotes new works by talented composers through an annual composition competition. This year's competition will feature four categories for submission.|
Solo Flute: Submission deadline: June 1, 2017. 11:59 CST
• Works in this category must feature solo flute.
• Instruments in the flute family (piccolo, alto flute, bass flute, etc.) will be accepted.
• Works for flute and electronics are not appropriate for this category.
Flute and Accompaniment. Submission deadline: July 1, 2017. 11:59 CST
• Works in this category must feature the flute and either piano or electronics.
Flute Duo. Submission deadline: August 1, 2017. 11:59 CST
• Works in this category must include flute and one other instrument.
• Works for flute and piano or flute and electronics are not appropriate for this category.
Chamber Works. Submission deadline: September 1, 2017. 11:59 CST
• Works in this category include flute in some capacity.
• Chamber works should utilize between three and six performers.
• All instrumentations will be considered, but works for flute ensemble (flute quartet, flute trio) are strongly encouraged.
• Entries must use the flute in some capacity. There is no age limit, and composers are permitted to submit up to three works per category
• Suggested Length: 5-12 minutes
• Submission of Materials:
• Online application and entry fee ($13 per score). A $1 convenience fee per score will be assessed for payments submitted through the website. Scores should not contain identifying markings. This includes pseudonyms, dedications, and commissioner names.
• Multiple Entries: Composers may submit no more than three entries per competition category.
• The winning composer from each competition category will receive a $250 (USD) prize, one or more performances, and a live recording from one or more of the performances.
All entries must include:
• Scores with no identifying markings in either the file or the file name. This includes pseudonyms, dedications, and commissioner names.
• Scores must be created in Finale, Sibelius, or some other type of music entry software program
• All score submissions must be in PDF file format
• Live or MIDI recordings of each entry, with no identifying markings. This includes names of performers and composers in the file name as well as the metadata.
• All recordings should be submitted as mp3 files.
• Application information: name of composer, contact information, title of piece, instrumentation of piece, composer website (if available)
• Payment confirmation number
• Multiple movement scores should be submitted as a single PDF file
• Multiple movement works should be submitted as a single mp3 file
An entry confirmation will appear at the time of submission. An email confirmation will not be sent.
Selected winners give FNMC members rights to perform and record their works for up to six years without further compensation. Selected winners consent to one video interview, to be shared with FNMC members and in FNMC marketing materials.
Incomplete applications or applications with identifying markings will be disqualified. Entries submitted without the payment confirmation number will be disqualified. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered. Entries which do not include an audio file in mp3 format will be disqualified. Previously winning pieces are not eligible for re-entry.