Erato Ensemble Call for Scores
|Erato Ensemble Call for Scores|
|Summary:||Themed Choral Call|
|Deadline:||08 August 2014|
|Date Posted:||02 July 2014|
Erato Ensemble is pleased to announce a Call for Scores for our 2014-15 season. |
Erato, Vancouver’s Professional Art-Song Chamber Ensemble, invites composers to submit scores for our 2014-15 Season. There is no age or location requirement, but priority will be given to composers residing in British Columbia. Composers are welcome to submit as many scores as they would like, but please read the description and available instruments for each show, as they differ from concert to concert. Submission fee of $25 also entitles entrants to a one-year membership in the Erato Ensemble Society. Scores will not be returned, and will be held for possible future performances opportunities. Deadline: August 8, 2014.
Gods & Monsters (projected date November 1)
• Description: Halloween-themed concert. Music can include music about monsters, scary, spooky or funny pieces, works about various Greek gods (or other nationalities) etc. Think outside the box too. Work can be about someone who is a god in their field (rock god, sports god, etc).
• Instrumentation: Soprano, Tenor, Piano, Guitar*, Flute*, Clarinet*, Violin, Cello
Bacchanalia (projected date January 31)
• Description: Party songs, Sexy songs, Naughty songs, Songs of excess.
• Instrumentation: Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Tenor, Piano, Cello, Flute*, Oboe, Clarinet*, Guitar*, Saxophone*
The Song of Orpheus (projected date March 21)
• Description: Music that explores and continues the legend of Orpheus. Concept can be traditional (e.g. Shakespeare poem), modern (e.g. Rilke’s Sonnets To Orpheus), or more abstract ! inspirations.
• Instrumentation: Soprano, Tenor, Piano, Flute*, Cello, Guitar*
21st Century Shakespeare (projected date May 23)
• Description: Shakespeare’s poems, dramatic scenes and soliloquies set to music.
• Instrumentation: Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Tenor, Baritone, Piano, Flute*, Guitar*, Harp, Violin, Cello. (Note: While we are able to program SATB quartet, please do not submit any solo pieces for Baritone. Mid-range voice is fine. And do not submit any SATB parts with a low bass line.)
*General instrumentation note: Guitar (classical or electric); Flute (C, alto, bass, or piccolo); Saxophone (soprano or alto); Clarinet (or bass clarinet)
NOTE: Pieces will be considered scored for 1 - 6 musicians. For anything on a larger scale, please contact us first.
How to Apply:
Please send submissions and $25 submission fee to:
Erato Ensemble c/o Will George
2-1923 Purcell Way,
North Vancouver, BC V7J 3H4