Tribeca New Music Young Composer Competition
|Tribeca New Music Young Composer Competition|
|Summary:||Prize for chamber music|
|Deadline:||10 January 2014|
|Date Posted:||26 November 2013|
Tribeca New Music (formerly the New York Art Ensemble) announces its 15th Annual Young Composer Competition. Its two-fold purpose is to encourage outstanding young composers in America and to provide a prominent forum for their recognition.|
1) Award and Performance
The winning composer will receive
• a $1,000 cash award
• a professional performance of the winning score on the Tribeca New Music 2014 Festival
• a recording of the performance.
This award is presented at the sole discretion of the TNM Board of Directors.
• All composers, who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, born after December 31,1991 are eligible.
• Note: Former winners of the Young Composer Competition are not eligible.
3) Submission Guidelines
• Pieces may be written for solo, duo, trio, quartet, or quintet (from one to five performers).
• Instruments may include the following: flute (piccolo, alto flute), clarinet (bass clarinet), oboe (English horn), bassoon (contra bassoon), saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone), French horn, trumpet, trombone (bass trombone), tuba, percussion, piano, violin, viola, cello, bass.
• Acoustic works that utilize electronic/computer music accompaniment are also acceptable.
• All music must be no more than fifteen minutes in duration.
4) Submission Items
• a legible, bound, full score
• an audio recording of the piece on a CD (a computer realization is acceptable if no live performance or studio recording exists)
• a biography, with current address, e-mail address, and phone number
• a stamped, self-addressed envelope, if you want your music returned
• a copy of the Competition Cover Sheet--click here: YCC Cover Sheet
5) Entry Fee and Deadline
• The entry fee is $25.00 per work entered.
• Make checks or money orders payable to Tribeca New Music, Inc.
• All entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, January 10, 2014.
Tribeca New Music, Inc. is not responsible for lost or damaged material.
The winning composition will be announced on www.TribecaNewMusic.org website Friday, February 21, 2014.
Send entries or written inquires to:
Tribeca New Music
Young Composer Competition
640 West 139th Street, Suite #60
New York, NY 10031