Symphony In C, Young Composers' Competition 2013-14
|Symphony In C, Young Composers' Competition 2013-14|
|Summary:||Prize for orchestral scores|
|Deadline:||10 July 2013|
|Date Posted:||29 June 2013|
• Performance of the winning work by Symphony In C, conducted by Maestro Rossen Milanov, on September 21, 2013.
• Professional archival recording of the performance.
• Round-trip domestic airfare to attend rehearsals and concert.
• Winning work to be considered by Theodore Presser Company for inclusion in its rental library.
• Concert later broadcast on WRTI-FM and webcast on wrti.com
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
• Only composers born after September 21, 1983 may apply.
• Works with a performance history are eligible.
• Instrumentation may not exceed 3-3-3-3 woodwinds (incl. standard doublings), 4-3-3-1 brass, Timpani, 2 Percussion, Harp, and Strings. Please note this maximum instrumentation is different from previous years, and does not include Keyboard. Works with soloists are not eligible. Frequently asked questions about instrumentation details are answered at www.danieldorff.com/youngcomp-faq.htm
• Only US citizens, permanent residents, and current foreign students at American schools may apply.
• Duration should be between 8 and 15 minutes.
• The winning composer must provide 2 full scores and a full set of parts, with a sufficient string count.
• The winning composer may be asked to participate in educational outreach programs during the week of rehearsals.
• Scores must be of a legibility suitable for efficient rehearsal and performance. Parts must be carefully proofread, and of a legibility suitable for efficient rehearsal and performance, with good page turns, and ample rehearsal numbers and cues.