Iron Composer Competition
|Iron Composer Competition|
|Summary:||Prize for orchestra|
|Deadline:||30 June 2013|
|Date Posted:||18 June 2013|
* There is no entry fee.
* The contest is open to composers of all ages.
* Submit a score and a bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Include your name, address, phone number and email.
* Entry deadline is June 30, 2013
NOTE: You will receive a confirmation email from the contest director, Joe Drew, when your entry is complete. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email or call (917) 291-1598.
Five finalists will be selected on or before July 6, 2013. Finalists will be given free housing with a local host.
Iron Composer Competition Rules and Procedures
* All composers must arrive on the campus of Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory by 2:00 p.m. on September 5, 2013, the day before the competition for a public symposium of their work.
* Composers must participate in the event on September 6, 2013 between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
* At 9:00 a.m., composers will be assigned an instrumentation and the Secret Musical Ingredient.
* Composers will have five hours to complete a score and parts.
* Composers will have access to a private studio with a piano in addition to a computer lab with Finale, Sibelius and a printer.
* At 2:30 p.m., all composition must stop.
* Composers will be penalized 3 points if they need more than five hours to finish writing. An additional 2-point penalty will be assessed for each half-hour of extra time needed.
* Each composer will receive 30 minutes of rehearsal time for their piece.
* At 8:00 p.m., all works will be performed and judged on a public concert, which will be broadcast live on WCLV 104.9 FM and simulcast online.
* A panel of three judges will evaluate the entries. Scoring is based on the following 50-point system:Use of the Secret Ingredient: 15 points
Originality: 15 points
Technical Command: 10 points
Overall Presentation: 10 points