Instructor in Music
|Instructor in Music|
|Summary:||University teaching post|
|Date Posted:||18 March 2013|
Duties and Responsibilities:|
1. Teach transfer level and general music courses that may include: (a) performance classes such as piano, voice, violin/viola, or guitar; (b) music history and appreciation classes such as western classical, jazz, or rock; (c) music of non-western cultures; and/or (d) music composition with digital media (digital audio arts). Additionally, there may be other classes as determined by the Dean in consultation with the music faculty and in consideration of the successful applicant's area of expertise.
2. Assist in curriculum revisions and new course development, including student learning outcomes and their assessment
3. Participate in the development and/or selection of course materials, equipment and technology that will enhance Music offerings of the department
4. Maintain expertise in current technologies
5. Consult with students during regularly scheduled office hours
6. Serve as a member of division and college committees
7. Teach some evening classes
8. Perform other duties as required by contract, collective bargaining agreement, and general institutional needs.