June in Buffalo
|June in Buffalo|
|Summary:||various chamber ensembles|
|Deadline:||15 February 2013|
|Date Posted:||09 January 2013|
To Apply to June in Buffalo, please send all materials by mail. Applications must include the following materials:
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae detailing your education, experience, and creative activity.
2. A letter of reference from someone acquainted with your current compositional activity.
3. A proposal (including score and brief description) requesting the performance of a recent work for
a) Percussion Quartet (or subset)
b) String Quartet (or subset)
c) flute, clarinet, piano, violin, viola, cello (or subset)
d) flute, clarinet, piano, percussion, violin, viola, cello, bass (or subset)
e) flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, violin, viola, cello, bass (or subset)
f) solo for any orchestral instrument
g) works with electronics will be considered
4. One or two scores that demonstrate your recent work and accompanying recordings, if available.
5. A $25 non-refundable processing fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to June in Buffalo. Foreign applicants must pay by international money order in US currency. Do not send cash.
6. A SASE for the return of materials (optional) and an e-mail address at which you can be easily contacted.
If the performance of a selected work by a participating composer becomes impossible due to circumstances beyond the control of the June in Buffalo festival, every attempt will be made to arrange a substitution where possible.
To apply as an auditor, please send a resume and the processing fee. Auditors attend all June in Buffalo events, but will not have a piece performed.
All application materials must be postmarked by
FEBRUARY 15, 2013.
June in Buffalo
220 Baird Hall
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-4700
Tuition fee: $700
Auditing fee: $350
On-campus housing, 7 nights, single occupancy: $300. Additional: $30/night. No double occupancy discounts; no meals included.
For general information, contact J.T. Rinker
phone: (716) 645-0624
fax: (716) 645-3824