Under 30 Project
|Under 30 Project|
|Summary:||Commission for chamber ensemble|
|Deadline:||16 November 2012|
|Date Posted:||31 October 2012|
1. Applicant must be under 30 years of age as of November 16, 2012.
2. Applicant can be of any nationality.
3. Applicant must be able to agree, if selected, to create a new work and provide written music to Kronos no later than December 15, 2013.
The selected composer will receive:
4. A commission for a new work in the amount of $5,000. (Commission fee includes the creation of score, parts, any other necessary performance materials.) The length of the new piece will be determined in discussion with Kronos, but will be in the range of 10–20 minutes.
5. Travel and accommodations for an initial meeting with Kronos, location and date to be determined.
6. Travel and accommodations for a residency with Kronos in San Francisco to rehearse the new piece.
7. Travel and accommodations for the world premiere of the new piece in concert in San Franciscoin Spring, 2014.
8. A Kronos recording of the commissioned work, details to be confirmed.
Deetails on how to apply can be found on the organiser's website listed above.
|1st Prize:||$5000 commission|