String Orchestra Competitions & Call for pieces
|III Krzysztof Penderecki International Composers’ Competition|
|Summary:||String Orchestra Competition|
|Deadline:||15 August 2017|
|Date Posted:||20 March 2017|
Radom City can be proud of its centuries-old music tradition. The most distinguished Polish composer of the Middle Ages, Nicholas of Radom, created his music in this royal city. It emphasises the standing and the importance of the centre, also on the cultural map of the Jagiellonian country. The people of Radom have always felt a strong need to create and exist in a cultural field. It is proved by organisation of the International Composers’ Competition - Certamen Compositorum Internationale ARBORETUM and the commitment of one of the most distinguished composers of our times, Krzysztof Penderecki. The Competition originated from the need to experience art, felt both by creators and the public. The regulations of the competition clearly state that Professor Krzysztof Penderecki is the person who is responsible to decide which of the composers has created a work deserving special recognition. Six compositions will be presented during the competition’s second round, concert for final selection performed by the Radom Chamber Orchestra under the baton of Maciej Zoltowski. It will take place in the Krzysztof Penderecki Concert Hall in Radom on the 18th of November 2017. ARBORETUM accepts works scored for a string orchestra, which are not performed nor published before the date of the final concert.|
Jury: Piotr Moss, Paul Patterson, Maciej Żółtowski
Chairman of the Jury: Prof. Krzysztof Penderecki
Deadline for entries: August 15th, 2017
Final Concert: November 18th, 2017 Krzysztof Penderecki Concert Hall in Radom
Total value of prizes: 45000 PLN
|SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL|
|Deadline:||04 June 2017|
|Date Posted:||04 January 2017|
6th INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2017.|
Total value of prizes: 4000 €
Deadline for entries: June 4th 2017.
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. More than one score per composer is permitted
3. All submitted works must have been composed after December 31st 2010 and not awarded a prize in any other competition
4. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally recorded for commercial use.
1. Composition for ZAGREB SOLOISTS (www.zagrebacki-solisti.com/en)
2. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
3. Orchestration: 6 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, 1 contrabass
4. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 2500€ (bruto-includingtaxes) and the concert performance by ZAGREB SOLOISTS on Samobor Music Festival – October7th 2017.
The Second Prize – 1000 € (bruto-including taxes)
The Third Prize – 500 € (bruto-including taxes)
The decisions of the Jury are final. If the quality of admitted works does not meet the necessary level, the Jury reserves the right not to award one or more of the prizes.
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
1. The winning composition will be performed on October 7th 2017 by Zagreb Soloists organized during Samobor Music Festival.
2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials (parts) at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 30th 2017.
3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 20th 2017.
4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition Croatia 2017". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
Entries by email only!!!
The following items are required:
· The subject line should be “Submission – NEW NOTE – your name
Attach all files below to your email:
· Score (PDF format) – with title “duration” and “nom de plume”, but your name must NOT appear on the score!
· Audio realization (only MP3-higly recomended)
· CV: “nom de plume”, full name, address, date and place of birth, e-mail address, phone number
· biography suitable for a concert program, photo, a brief text about composition
· If text is in a foreign language, an English translation is required
· information about a lyricist you have collaborated with (if).
If you receive email bounce backs due to large file sizes, you may break items into separate emails. Suggested size is up to 10 MB.
Send your email submission to the following mail: email@example.com
Deadline for the Application Form & all materials is 12:00 PM on June 4th 2017.
1. The Entry fee for participants is 50 € for each score (bank charges covered by the sender).