Song writing Competitions & Call for pieces
|5th Competition for Young Composers Dedicated to Gian Carlo Menotti|
|Deadline:||30 April 2017|
|Date Posted:||07 December 2016|
The 5th Competition for Young Composers dedicated to Gian Carlo Menotti is a collaboration between the Fondazione Monini and Incontri Musicali to honor the musician, composer, director, and librettist’s passion in helping young and emerging artists. This year’s composition is a song cycle for soprano and piano in Italian, English, German, French or Spanish. The winner will receive €5,000 and will be recognized at the 2017 Festival of Two Worlds in Spoleto, Italy. The work will then be performed at Incontri Musicali 2017, also in Spoleto. www.incontrimusicali.com|
1) The competition is open to composers of any nationality, who will be no more than 30 years old by the date of April 30, 2017.
2) Only one composition by each composer will be accepted.
3) The work presented must be 15 to 20 minutes long.
4) The composition is to be conceived as a song cycle for soprano and piano. 5) The text of the songs must be either in English, Italian, French, Spanish or German. 6) The composition must have not already been published.
7) The material must be sent to the Monini Foundation by April 30, 2017.
The winner will be invited both to the award presentation and the performance of his/herwork. The foundation will take care of hospitality in Spoleto, while travel expenses will have to be covered by the winner.
1) The winner will receive a prize of 5.000 euros.
2) The prize will be awarded in July, during the 2017
Festival dei Due Mondi of Spoleto.
3) The winning work will be performed during the
Incontri Musicali chamber music festival held in
Spoleto midsummer 2017.
4) The decision of the jury will be final.
1) Send 3 copies of the score of the work with name, address and anything else that will identify you as the composer.
2) The material must be sent to the following address:
c/o FONDAZIONE MONINI, Via dell’Arringo 06049 Spoleto (PG) Italy
|DALLAS SONGWRITERS ASSOCIATION SONG CONTEST|
|Date Posted:||27 August 2015|
How can I enter? |
It’s easy! You can enter online at any of these sponsoring sites: Broadjam or on the DSA website or download an entry form here and print out, and mail your entries to:
Dallas Songwriters Association (DSA)
2011 Song Contest Director
Sammons Center for the Arts
3630 Harry Hines Boulevard #20
Dallas, TX 75219
How much is the entry fee?
$25 each entry. Please note EACH entry must have an accompanying form sheet. If you are a member of DSA or plan to join, you can get a $5 discount off your membership or renewal for each song contest entry. To join DSA or renew your membership, go to dallassongwriters.org. We’d love to have you as a member!
Who owns the songs I enter?
You do! You retain all rights.
What has to be on the lyric sheet?
The song Title and Category appear at the top of the sheet. Your lyrics, marked with “Verse” “Chorus” etc., follow the Title. For a sample, click here. Do not write your name on the lyric sheet or on the outside of the CD case -- simply fold your lyric sheet white-side out (so that the back side shows) and legibly write the song Title and Category on the back of the lyric sheet, and place it inside the CD case so that the song Title and Category show through the CD case.
If I don’t write my name on my lyric sheet, how do you know which one is mine?
Song Contest staff keeps track of which name goes with which song – all names are withheld from the judges so that the judges can select the winners with the highest level of fairness possible. Once the judges select the semifinalists and winners, the song contest staff reveals the names of the winning artists.