electro acoustic Competitions & Call for pieces
|X° Destellos Competition 2017|
|Summary:||Electroacoustic Call 3 Categories|
|Deadline:||20 May 2017|
|Date Posted:||19 April 2017|
The Foundation Destellos, call for works for the Tenth Competition of Electro-acoustic Composition, this year with the new category Visual music.|
The objectives of this competition are the promotion and development of the artistic creation in relation with new technologies. Likewise, it is an intention of the Foundation Destellos to stimulate the creativity of the young generations of artists and to provide them new routes of diffusion of their works.
This year will be attributed three first prizes of an amount of 600 American dollars each, in the categories:
A. Acousmatic music
B. Mixed media
C. Visual music electro-acoustic
Also, as in former editions, will be granted second prizes, consisting in collections of CD of electroacoustic music offered by:
Musiques et Recherches, Belgium
GRM (Groupe de Recherches musicales), France
Likewise, Destellos Network will create the prized pieces into the two years after the competition.
1. The call is open to composers of any nationality, age and gender.
2.Each candidate can send only one work by category, not been published for commercial purposes or prized before. It is recommended to get off the piece of any web site (ex. YouTube, SoundCloud etc).
3. Entry fees of 20U$A for one piece and 5U$A for each one of other pieces, must be paid by Pay Pal, through the "donate" button on the web site:
4. For Category A, Acusmatic music : will be accepted stereophonic and multitrack works up to 11' duration.
5. For Category B, Mixed media : will be accepted works for instrument/s and electronics , up to 11' duration.
6. For Category C, visual music, will be accepted video works up to 6', preferably in format .mov.H264.
7. The participants will have to register before, sending by e-mail :
a. the submission form (attached below) due completed by computer, preserving the format. Manuscript forms will not be accepted.
b. certificate of the PayPal payment. IF YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY ORDER OF A THIRD PERSON, PLEASE INDICATE IT ON YOUR SUBMISSION.
c. send both as attached document to: email@example.com
8. Each candidate will receive an e-mail of confirmation and a Code of inscription.
9. Once obtained the ID of inscription, the materials must be sent by :
We Transfer, Dropbox or similar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. All audio files must be send in mp3 (320kbps-high quality). Multitrack pieces must be sent : 1) a stereo version 2) the separated files, all contained in a .ZIP folder.
11. Pieces with instruments must be send in a ZIP folder containing : a) score in .pdf format, b) mixed version, c) electronic part alone.
12. The files and/or folders must be labeled ONLY with the Code Number+Title of the work (ex.: "021_Mypiece"). The name of author/s should not be included in any of the media supports (score, audio files). Please don't send audio materials by email.
13. The Submission that don't fill ALL the requirements established in this guidelines, will be rejected, and the payment will not be returned.
14. The works will not be returned and will be kept in the archives of the Foundation.
15. Prize winners of the two earlier Destellos Competition cannot participate, neither members of the jury and their families.
16. The works must be sent before 20 May 2017.
17. The jury will be integrated by members of recognized international prestige.
18. The jury has the right to declare the prize deserted and give one or more mentions, also to design an "ex-æquo"prize to works of the same quality level.
19. The foundation has the right to postdate, to annul or to modify the rules of the competition at any moment. All changes will be published at the time.
20. Candidates are asked to accept all the conditions of these regulations.
21. The prizewinners are engaged to write the mention "Prix Destellos 2017" in all concert programs that include the work. The authors must inform the Foundation of the public presentations of the prized work.
|2017 Call for Submissions|
|Deadline:||01 June 2017|
|Date Posted:||28 March 2017|
Lewis University and Kansas City Kansas Community College are pleased to announce an international call for submissions for the 17th Annual Electronic Music Midwest Festival, featuring SPLICE Ensemble, to be held September 21-23, 2017 at Kansas City Kansas Community College.|
Each concert will feature an 8.1 speaker diffusion system. The acclaimed SPLICE Ensemble is the 2017 featured ensemble and composers are encouraged to submit works for their consideration. Any composer regardless of region, age or nationality may submit. Composers whose works are selected must attend and will be required to submit a $60 registration fee at the festival.
Composers are invited to submit one work for consideration. EMM accepts all electroacoustic works, but we especially seek music that falls within one of the following categories:
- Compositions for SPLICE Ensemble (piano, trumpet, and percussion) and fixed media and/or live electronics. Any subset of the ensemble will be considered, but preference will be given to works that include all three perfomers.
- Two channel works for fixed media
- Up to eight channel works for fixed media
- Instrument(s)/Voice(s) and fixed media or live electronics (composer to provide performers)
- Works that include video
- Sound Installations and Interactive Media (composer to provide all non-standard equipment) - Live Laptop works
- Live Interactive works
Deadline: June 1, 2017
Entry Fee: none
1) For consideration, applicants must register and complete an online submission form available at http://www.emmfestival.org.
2) For adjudication purposes, multi-channel works (up to 8 channels) must be submitted as a stereo mix and uploaded at http://www.emmfestival.org. The EMM 8-channel speaker array uses a front and rear center.
Composers whose works are selected for this festival are required to submit a $60 registration fee at the festival and must agree to attend the festival. Regrettably, EMM is not able to offer travel stipends or honorariums to festival participants at this time.
EMM is unable to consider works that do not conform to the guidelines outlined above.
|1st International Electroacoustic and Composition Competition „eviMus“|
|Summary:||Solo plus electronics call|
|Deadline:||01 July 2017|
|Date Posted:||22 February 2017|
1. Internationaler Kompositionswettbewerb|
für elektroakustische und intermediale Musik „eviMus“
1st International Electroacoustic and Composition Competition „eviMus“
The Festival eviMus (Saarbrücker Tage für elektroakustische und visuelle Musik) call for new electroacoustic works for its 1. Internationale Kompositionswettbewerb
für elektroakustische und intermediale Musik.
flute (piccolo, C, G Alto or C bass) and electronics,
or saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor or baritone) and electronics.
Electronics: tape, live electronics, with or without video, maximum of eight channels
Duration: between 6 and max. 12 minutes.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The competition is open to composers of all nationalities born after 1977 (40 years old), each of whom may submit only one work, which was not commercially published or awarded a prize in any other national or international competition. The works must have been composed between 2012 and 2017. The length can be between 6 and max. 12 minutes.
The jury will award two prizes. It may also declare the deserted category or assign Honorary Mentions. The jury’s decision is final and without appeal. Any situation not covered by the rules will be managed by the jury.
Prize: 1000€ und premiere
The jury will announce the results during the 4. Saarbrücker Tage für elektroakustische und visuelle Musik – eviMus 2017.
How to apply:
All applications must be sent via DropBox or Google Drive in a single folder to the email: competition[at]evimus[dot]de.
The application must fulfill the following requirements:
-PDF or DOC with contact information, composer’s biography, nationality, date of birth and a description of the idea of your work (program notes).
-Copy of birth certificate/ID/Passport in digital format
-Recent photo in digital format
-Audio file containing a stereo version of the piece
-PDF file with the score for instrument and electronic
-Optional: Electronics (patch, tape, description, audio, etc.)
-Participating in the competition signifies for candidates accepting all the conditions of this rule. Any breach of the rules involves the elimination of the work in the contest.
Start of applications: 1st february 2017
Deadline for applications: 1st July 2017
|Call for Works – Electroacoustic|
|Date Posted:||23 November 2016|
How to submit|
Elektramusic is always looking for new electroacoustic musics for the Radioshow, concerts, CD compilation, and for music+videos for the TV show and for video live performances, festival and much more. You can submit you electroacoustic music works, and-or your electroacoustic music and video art work as follows :
Musics : on Audio-CD (cd tracks) or Data-CD (with audio files : SDII, Wave, AIFF,…). Multiphonic works must be submitted in stereophonic version.
VideoArt and music : on DVD-DATA (high quality QuickTime or DV file), Video-DVD-vidéo, or mini-DV tape.
Please join to your submission a biography and work notice. For video works, please also include producer or video artist biography. Please print and fill in the submission form to complete your submission.
Submission by postal mail : Please send all your material by snail mail (please no registered mail) to : Elektramusic – 10 rue du Hohwald – 67000 Strasbourg France
Submission by web : You can send by web your audio/video files, with the submission form (filled and scanned), your bio and notice as pdf to our email (elektra at elektramusic.com) by using a file transfer service or cloud such as Dropbox or WeTransfer.
|CALL FOR SCORES 2015 – Cello and Contrabass|
|Date Posted:||20 May 2015|
1. Call for Narrator/Speaker/Vocalist/Actor plus Electronic Music Scores (performer and "tape") |
2. Call for "tape" pieces that have explicit political meaning
Narrator/Speaker/Vocalist/Actor plus Electronic Music Scores (performer and "tape")
Composer/performer Rodney Waschka II is looking for works for narrator or actor or speaker and electronic music fixed on two channels. Works will be considered for performance on the Arts NOW Series and elsewhere. You can read a review (http://www.cvnc.org/reviews/2009/022009/ArtsNow.html) by the Classical Voice of North Carolina of a concert of this type of music performed in February, 2009. Waschka has performed works by Alden Jenks, Pertti Jalava, Mansoor Hosseini, Stephen Pope, Allen Strange, Pauline Oliveros, Mara Helmuth, and others.
If you have composed such a piece or are interested in composing such a work, please contract me.
"Tape" pieces that have explicit political meaning
Pieces of this type are needed for programming for the Arts NOW Series.
Please contact me if you have a piece that you think might be appropriate.