wind quintet Competitions & Call for pieces
|12th Thailand International Composers Competition|
|Summary:||Woodwind Call for Scores|
|Deadline:||01 May 2017|
|Date Posted:||22 February 2017|
13th Thailand International Composers Competition|
7 - 12 August, 2017
“Rapee Sagarik Composition Prize”
1) Applicants should be composers at the early stages of their professional careers.
2) Composers, regardless of nationality, are encouraged to apply.
3) Composers 35 and younger at the end of the competition year are eligible (born after 1 January 1981).
4) Scores that have been awarded, or commercially recorded are not eligible.
5) Past winners of the competition are ineligible to apply.
6) Any alteration of the score may be permitted under the guidance of master composers during the week of the festival.
7) The submitted work should be between 6‐10 minutes in length.
8) Submitted compositions can include any combination from the following instrumentation: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, french horn. Submitted composition will be rehearsed and performed by Sawasdee Woodwind Quintet
9) Only compositions written within the last five years are eligible for submission.
10) One entry per applicant will be accepted.
1) Eligible submissions must be sent electronically as a single email and should include:
• A PDF file of the score (with pseudonym), which may include program and performance notes
• An mp3 file (audio recording, if available, Midi realization - ok), and
• A separate word document linking the pseudonym and title to the composer's identity, which includes address, telephone number, e‐mail address, current bio (200 words), program note (200 words) & performance history of the submitted work.
2) The composer’s name should NOT appear on the submitted score and recording.
3) Links to recordings (due to large file size, or other factors) are o.k.
4) The deadline for submission is 1 May 2017. Please send material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An honorarium of 1,500 USD will be awarded to the winner of the competition. All six finalists will be invited to participate in the Thailand International Composition Festival. The Thailand International Composition Festival will provide full accommodation including Hotel room, meals, and local transportation for all finalists. Travel expenses to TICF and other arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.
Selection Six finalists will be announced no later than 20 May 2017. The Winner will be announced during the Final concert of TICF 2017 on Saturday, 12 August 2017.
The 6 finalist works will be performed by Sawasdee Woodwind Quintet.
Please send material to: email@example.com
Further inquiry please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Summary:||New Work for Quintet|
|Deadline:||01 June 2017|
|Date Posted:||08 February 2017|
The winning composer will receive a $12,000 commission from the Barlow Endowment to compose a major new work for Reed Quintet. The winning composer’s work will be premiered in 2019 by a consortium of three quintets: Akropolis (Michigan), BYU (Utah) and the Calefax (Netherlands).|
The 15-20 minute work is expected to meet the highest artistic requirements for the medium. Additional specifications for the work will be negotiated among the Barlow Endowment, the composer, and the performing consortium.
There are no restrictions with regard to musical style, nationality, age, gender, race, religion, or political persuasion. The only limitations are:
1) Composers who have won the Barlow Prize in the previous five years will not be considered in the Prize competition.
2) Members of the Barlow Boards are not eligible.
For more information: