Competitions, Jobs & Opps
Latest Comps & Opps
Call for Music Theatre Piece...
New York State Competition...
Competition Inspired by Multic...
Full C:T Members List
Member Profile - Mirtru
Mirtru Escalona- Mijares
Date of birth
“When we listen to Escalona Mijares` music, we shall pay special attention to his “internal ear” : The subtility of his musical thought is expressed in a palette of accoustic nuances and contrasts. His music is rewarded with an extreme internal dynamism that varies from impulsive interventions to a subtle refinement, up to the limit of audibility.”
(Glabesna Revija Muska, Marina Zlênder)
Mirtru Escalona-Mijares was born in Venezuela in 1976. He studied with Rafael Saavedra and Gerardo Gerulewicz in his home country. José Manuel López-López and Paul Méfano invited him to continue his studies in Paris, where he has been living since 2000.
In France, he received Degrees in Composition from the Music School of Blanc-Mesnil with Philippe Leroux, from the National Conservatory of Strasbourg with Ivan Fedele, and a Degree in Electroacoustic Composition from the Music School of Pantin with Christine Groult.
He is currently completing his Master in Composition and Music Computer Science at the Conservatoire National Superieur de Musique et Danse de Lyon with Robert Pascal, Michele Tadini, Denis Lorrain and staff members of the SONVS.
He has attended the master classes of José Manuel López-López, Paul Méfano, Betsy Jolas, Sergio Ortega, Diogenes Rivas, Antonio Pileggi and Jacopo Baboni-Schilingi
He has received scholarships from the Fundación Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho and the Cultural Nacional Council (Venezuela), the Conseil Générale de Seine Saint-Denis and the Centre Acanthes (France).
Mirtru Escalona-Mijares has won several prizes in various countries;
- 1st Prize of the Kuhmo International Composition Competition (Kuhmo – Finland, 2009)
- 1st Prize of the 26th ICOMS International Composition Competition (Turin – Italy, 2008)
- 1st Prize of the 5th Sun River Student Composition Competition (Chengdu – China, 2008)
- Premio Municipal de Musica Sinfónica Breve 2007 (Caracas –Venezuela, 2007)
- Earplay Donald Aird Memorial Prize (San Francisco – USA, 2006)
- Prize of the completion of studies by the SACEM (Paris – France, 2003)
- 2nd Prize of the 2nd Composition Competition Xicöalt-Aspekte (Salzbourg – Austria, 2005)
- Honorable mention of the Milan Conservatory `09 Composition Competition (Milan – Italy)
- Honorable mention of the Premio Municipal de Música de Cámara 2007 (Venezuela)
- Finalist of the International Music Prize for Excellence in Composition 2009 (Thessaloniki – Greece)
- Finalist of the GRAME Competition for Young Composer 2008. (Lyon – France)
- Finalist of the Sounds Electric `07 Electroacoustic Music Competition (Dublin – Ireland)
- Finalist of the Concurso de Composición XXV aniversario de la OSMC (Caracas –Venezuela, 2005)
His works are regularly performed in several festivals in Europe, the USA and in Latin America. He has collaborated with ensembles and perfomers like ; Trio Pantine, Ensemble C Barré, Ensemble Accroche Note, Ensemble Linea, Earplay New Chamber Music, Orchestre des Flûtes Français, Ensemble l’Itinéraire, Cédric Jullion, Julie Moulin, Mario Caroli, Stacey Pelinka, Karina Fischer, Linda Wetherill, Genéviéve Deraspe, Charlotte Testu, Joel Novoa, Cyprien Busolini, Alexander Bruck, Dominica Eyckmans, Sébastien Boin, Iván Solano, David Nuñez, María Pía Bucco, Jorge Dayoub, Vitier Vivas, Pierre Quenehen, Marianella Arocha, María León-Petit, Clément Canonne, Julien Martineau, among others.
He is a member of the Latin American Network for the Sonic Arts (REDASLA), the Venezuelan Society for Contemporary Music (SVMC) and the Association Syntono (France).
2004-2014. All rights reserved. |
Terms & Conditions