Black Roses - Martin Gaughan
for Mandolin and Harp. (2006/07)
First performance 15th March 2011 by Mary Reid (harp) and David Massey (mandolin) at the Royal Academy of Music, London.
This recording was made at a later date by the performers.
7. profoundly still
6. shimmering, serene & sonorous (haiku)
5. haunting, febrile, nervous, slow & still
4. shimmering, hypnotic & gently moving (harmonics)
3. ethereal & still (threnody)
2. tranquil, expressive & without accents
1. slow, breathless & hesitant (lyre)
No recordings of this piece currently available.
Forthcoming PerformancesNo forthcoming concerts currently listed.