CMA Classical Commissioning Program
|CMA Classical Commissioning Program|
|Deadline:||02 April 2017|
|Date Posted:||08 March 2017|
CMA provides funding to CMA member ensembles and presenters for commissions of new chamber works.|
Grants are made for commissioning fees, copying costs and ensemble rehearsal honoraria. Compositions must be written for small ensembles (2 to 10 musicians) performing one to a part, generally without a conductor, and may represent a diverse musical spectrum, including contemporary art music, world music, and works that include electronics.
The new composition must be performed a minimum of three times in the U.S.
ELIGIBILITY: THE COMPOSER
• must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• may not have outstanding commitments to this commissioning program, or to New Jazz Works
• may be a member of the applicant’s ensemble
• is an individual, not a group
• may not appear as a composer on more than one application to a CMA commissioning program—including
New Jazz Works—for the period beginning July 1, 2017
Supported by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, and the Chamber Music America Endowment Fund.
For more details: