2017 NAfME Electronic Music Composition Competition
|2017 NAfME Electronic Music Composition Competition|
|Deadline:||01 April 2017|
|Date Posted:||14 December 2016|
About the Competition|
The NAfME Electronic Music Composition Competition recognizes outstanding compositions and highlights the effectiveness of music technology in the school curriculum. Entries will be judged based on their aesthetic quality, use of electronic media, and the power of the composition.
Association member adjudicators will select a winner in each of the following categories:
• Grades K-8
• Grades 9-12
• Each entrant must be sponsored by an NAfME member teacher, or be a NAfME Collegiate member in good standing.
• Compositions should be 5 minutes or less and should either be composed electronically or include electronic instruments (vocal and/or acoustic instruments may be combined with electronic instruments)
• View Competition Winners from Previous Years
How To Apply
• 2017 Electronic Music Composition Competition Rules and Entry Directions
• Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2017
• All applications are submitted on online through GetAcceptd.com
Log on to getacceptd.com, or create a new account.
Search for NAfME programs.
Select “NAfME Original Composition Competitions”
On the next drop-down menu, select “2017 NAfME Electronic Music Composition Competition.”
Upload a Mp3/audio file of the composition. Midi files are acceptable (from composition software applications).
Submit payment for the application ($40).
• Questions? Contact: Jill Staton
The schools of the winners in each category will receive a one-year subscription to Soundation4Education, courtesy of MusicFirst.
Soundation4Education is an online sequencing program that runs inside windows or mac browsers, with password protected access for teachers and students. It functions much like any popular sequencing program, allowing manipulation of over 1800 loops, audio editing, recording, mixing, effects and extensive MIDI features. It can be accessed from any computer 24/7, since it is cloud based and browser based.