2013 ACOMF Call for Scores
|2013 ACOMF Call for Scores|
|Summary:||Prize for orchestral scores|
|Deadline:||30 August 2013|
|Date Posted:||16 August 2013|
The Arts Council Korea (ARKO) is pleased to announce the 2013 ARKO Contemporary Orchestra Music Festival (ACOMP), which will be held in the National Theater of Korea and the Seoul Arts Center. The festival is open to living Korean composers around the world. |
This year we are proud to partner with the National Orchestra of Korea (Nov. 12) and the Korean Symphony Orchestra (Nov. 13). World-class conductors will direct both concerts.
Aside performing selected compositions, composers will receive a professional studio quality CD and DVD of their performed work. In addition, some of the compositions may be considered for future performances by other orchestras.
The 5th ARKO Contemporary Orchestra Music Festival
- Presenter: Arts Council Korea (ARKO)
- Organizer: ARKO Contemporary Orchestra Music Festival Committee
- Nov. 12, 2013 (Tue) at National Theater of Korea Perfomed by The National Orchestra of Korea@@ @
- Nov. 13, 2013 (Wed) at Seoul Arts Center Perfomed by Korean Symphony Orchestra
- Theme: Open (but works showing Korean sentiment preferred)
- Duration: Approximately 12 minutes
- Category: A. Symphony orchestra / B. Korean traditional orchestra (soloists possible)
*Optional: western, Korean or world-folk instrument collaboration
- Submission deadline: August 30, 2013 (Postmark Deadline)
- Announcement: October 1, 2013
- Concert: November 12~13, 2013
- World premier work: 6,000,000 Korean won ($5,400USD)
- Previously premiered work: 1,000,000 Korean won ($900USD)
- Required: Application form, 6 copies of full scores
(Please download the application form from http://blog.naver.com/arkoocf)
- Optional: Audio or video recording of the work, program book
- No entry fee
Conditions for Submission
- Only one work per composer should be submitted
- Leave the title of the work and the name of the composer on the score.
- Company logos or school emblems should not be printed on the score.
- Please make two-sided copies (size: B4).
- The submitted scores and materials are not to be returned.