i.wall (22/10)
  Camron70 (22/10)
  sumio (21/10)
  Archery Promos (20/10)
  Evan Merklin (18/10)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

Using the tri-tone to change or prove the concert pitch.  StephenJMacko at 04:38 on 20 July 2011

Using middle C as the origin pitch, the chord created by using the end notes of V + V (perfect), IV + IV (perfect), and III + III (imperfect, following in the succession of the overtone series) is that of a seven chord in inversion. (This happens to be the V7 of E-flat major or the VII7 of c-minor.) This chord is the outline of a tri-tone and proves to be a possible relationship of the tri-tone to the Proslambanomenos found in the Immutable System of Tonos.

Another appearance of the tri-tone relationship can be found in the key signatures of E-flat major and A major or c-min and f-sharp min.

In a quick summation: It is possible to prove the concert pitch with the tri-tone and the VII7 by using them in succession to the concert pitch or key signature, because of the III relationship of both notes. Changing the concert key is possible as well.

Thank you for reading this.

Stephen John Macko, B.A.

PDF Attached:

Re: Using the tri-tone to change or prove the concert pitch.  Amy60 at 07:49 on 20 January 2012

Wow, that's pretty good!

<Added>

Where did you learn to produce this type of music? It definitely seems like it would be a challenge, even for the musically inclined. What type of electronic set up would be best for listening to this music? Do you know if yamaha receivers would have what it takes to pump out great sounding music? Let me know because I am just getting into composition! Thanks!