masavage (21/7)
  bbhrupp (21/7)
  Milo1865 (17/7)
  supertrex (17/7)
  Rood (16/7)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

New Zealand Harp Music Recording -- Proceeds to Earthquake Charity  harpnz at 01:41 on 04 March 2011

All of us in New Zealand have been shocked and drained by news of the terrible quake in Christchurch last week. For we who live in other parts of the country, it is impossible to imagine just what it was, and still is, like, for those affected. We really want to help, but we also feel helpless. The official death toll is growing each day, and thousands of people are displaced, as their homes are unliveable.

As a very humble contribution, I have decided to donate all the proceeds from my recently-recorded harp solo work by Kenneth Young, a composer originally from Christchurch, to Variety, The Children's Charity (www.variety.org.nz) Variety is set up to assist children who have suffered loss, injury, or other traumas from the quake, and it seems a very appropriate way to make a small difference.

Ken's beautiful and haunting work, entitled Autumn Arabesque, is now for sale on my website. This piece perfectly embraces the character of the harp. If you would like to help the children of Christchurch by purchasing the mp3, please visit my website:

http://www.carolynmillsharp.com/

Thanks and enjoy