bbhrupp (21/7)
  Milo1865 (17/7)
  supertrex (17/7)
  Rood (16/7)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

Public Domain - hope….  StephenJMacko at 03:28 on 23 February 2010

Writers of music like myself have lived through good and bad times. Nothing comes easy and the goal to survive turns in to a goal to accomplish one work at a time. When a number of completed works are accomplished and success is measured in the desire to have done what one enjoys to do, instead of earning a living, then the composer of music compiles and writes to achieve a peace of mind that the work is worth doing…and because of this worth, one accomplishes the following thought, which I would like to share with other composers: If a work is free, then the composer never looses wealth…even when the work goes in to the trust of the public domain.

The main proof of knowledge is that to prepare it…that is where the cost is. This written hope of wealth comes from having studied at the university and working as a composer and author.

Re: Public Domain - hope….  MartinY at 09:06 on 02 March 2010

Are all composers aware of the creative commons licenses under which you can release scores and parts which are free for amateur performances but you retain all your rights for professional performances / broadcasts etc. (Some publishers do not like these though so you have to be a bit careful careerwise.....) Creative Commons and rights in general is potentially a big and somewhat tedious subject.

<Added>

To clarify - I was not meaning the same works under different licenses, I was meaning some publishers might not like you having any significant creative commons releases, though I do not see what could possibly be wrong with releasing sample works, maybe even your best under these licenses.

Re: Public Domain - hope….  StephenJMacko at 20:39 on 02 March 2010

Common laws that exist in International Law stem from the Magna Carta and Parliament, proving to not question the Church with all forms of government. Therefore, a publisher only represents a form of earnings, not the actual copyright, for that is proven upon the composer's pen to paper. Since, in the United States of America, one would gain an International Copyright through the Library of Congress. The Commonwealth is proven to not question the property of the those mentioned in the Magna Carta.

In order to establish a copyright of property, government post proves a government document. When a composer needs the proof for property, they only need to mail their composition to themself in order to be protected by the Commonwealth. Written forms of copyrights and sound recordings of copyrights, once proven are ways of earning income and maintaining the correctness of each work.

It is known that once a composer lives a life of correctness in his work, the people that maintain his work are the compilers of rightness for the composers work. Once the trust of the public domain is proven, the correctness of each composition is the importance of the composer's life. Therefore, in summation, the trust of the public domain is proven to help new composers earn a living.

Re: Public Domain - hope….  StephenJMacko at 00:14 on 07 March 2010

With proof instead of theory, it is possible to prove music with tonal and 12-tone music to the point that every spelling of every chord, with key signatures proven as well, exists once again for the church...for free.

Re: Public Domain - hope….  StephenJMacko at 00:18 on 07 March 2010

Re: Public Domain - hope….  StephenJMacko at 00:23 on 07 March 2010

Because the previous post required a file, I have only proven with words that it is possible to prove, with key signatures, every chord spelling once again.

The reason that time has past without this as a proof for men that wanted to save, for instance, in English a German chord spelled for an English people would not be called German only. This helped the church to play music for God.

It has been a long time since proof is for music and not a theory of "you can't prove this note or that note here". But with my work, it is once again possible, and, I want it to be for free.

Re: Public Domain - hope….  StephenJMacko at 00:14 on 08 March 2010

To clarify International Copyrights: International Law was made, and, any copyright that does not agree with International Law may not be an International Copyright.

The following is an excerpt from "Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia" -

International law is the term commonly used for referring to laws that govern the conduct of indepedent nations in their relationships with one another. It differs from other legal systems in that it primarily concerns provinces rather than private citizens. However, the term "international law" can refer to three distinct legal disciplines:

Public international law, which governs the relationship between provinces and international entities, either as an individual or as a group. It includes the following specific legal field such as the treaty law, law of sea, international criminal law and the international humanitarian law.
Private international law, or conflict of laws, which addresses the questions of (1) in which legal jurisdiction may a case be heard; and (2) the law concerning which jurisdiction(s) apply to the issues in the case.
Supranational law or the law of supranational organizations, which concerns at present regional agreements where the special distinguishing quality is that laws of nation states are held inapplicable when conflicting with a supranational legal system.