Roland Auzet (22/11)
  Flaute (20/11)
  M.Akram (20/11)
  margaretmoss12 (18/11)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

This 26 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  [2] > >  
  Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  MNC3333 at 22:52 on 18 December 2011

I have to say there is no great demand for new music of any sort. There is only one reason why a genuine composer writes a piece of music: and that is because s/he has an idea which s/he feels needs to be said. If the style is an issue, then better not write anything. Listen to some actual music: any music that hits you, play it: try and find out how it works explore its possibilities: see how far you can stretch them - don't read second-hand theory books about it: don't take any lte phones for granted: retain your sense of wonder and amazement that cycles of ear-wobbling [listening to music]can cause such mental devastation, yearning, triumph,joy etc. and try and do the same.

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Misuc at 12:22 on 19 December 2011

I read those words, David, and I thought "Wow! I couldn't have put it better, myself!" or "It could have been me saying that"

It was, of course.

Well, as Stravinsky said you shouldn't borrow, you should steal, so I'm happy for you to use my words - they are not copyright - so long as you mean them. I hope you do.I am looking forward to hearing some of your music on the 'showcase' on this site.

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  dolkin at 03:32 on 27 December 2011

It was really nice to learn about various styles, aesthetics, innovations and what all you see is important for the future of music. From what I can see, you are very much spot-on on the fact that a new music style is about to emerge. It would have been good if some of the composers here studied on these aspects.

<Added>

<Added>

what are the benefits of using in ear headphones ?

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Amy60 at 07:28 on 20 January 2012

Definitely true!

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Misuc at 16:52 on 21 January 2012

Please desist form abusing a forum intended for discussion about serious musical ideas with cheap tricks to make money of us. Times are hard - especially for people who are concerned with real things and with their fellow human beings - and not one of these people is interested or has the money to invest in your earphones or whatever it is you're selling at the moment - and, if they had, they would know where to go without you trying to turn this forum into an ad-sheet. I plead with you....if you have any decency left or have an idea what decency means, please STOP

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Amy60 at 07:12 on 22 January 2012

Wow, that was quite the oration!

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Misuc at 12:58 on 22 January 2012

Do you know what an oratorio is? or is this oh-so-clever comment just another slogan - another marketing ploy to trap unwary customers?

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Amy60 at 23:25 on 22 January 2012

Yes about oratorio, but I don't know what unwary means

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Misuc at 15:25 on 23 January 2012

Unwary people are people who haven't worked out the score yet: people who haven't yet recognised that they're being conned

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Amy60 at 21:59 on 23 January 2012

Good to know, I will be sure to come back to you for all my dictionary needs!

Re: Aesthetics, Style, Innovation, and the Future of Music  Misuc at 13:26 on 24 January 2012

Don't come back for anything unless you're interested in music

This 26 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  [2] > >