13th ANNUAL CHORAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION of the Cambridge Chamber Singers
Postmark deadline for next season: October 23, 2009
Prize: $700 and two performances; Possible recording
There is no entry fee.
1. Original composition for a cappella, 4-6 part mixed choir, occasional divisi is acceptable;
2. Three to six minutes long;
3. Not previously performed in Massachusetts;
4. Anonymous submission:
1. Remove all names and identifying marks;
2. Provide a sealed envelope containing your name, address, email and phone number;
5. Submit a legible score. In addition, recordings will be accepted but are not required.
6. If the text is not public domain, include written permission to use it.
7. You may submit electronically, to the e-mail below, with a pdf attachment. Sibelius, Finale and other formats will not be accepted.
The winning composition is to be performed in May of 2010 at the Cambridge Chamber Singers concerts in the Boston area. CCS encourages the composer’s attendance.
The Cambridge Chamber Singers reserves the right to not award a prize.
The winning composer must provide a final performance score by January 10, 2010. CMS will make 40 copies for the chorus.
There are no restrictions according to race, sex, age or residency. The text may be in any language. A composer may submit more than one piece.
If you would like your materials returned, please enclose a SASE.
Send all submissions to:
Cambridge Chamber Singers, Inc.
P.O. Box 600527
Newtonville, MA 02460
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Martha Holmes at 617-965-7573.
* 2008 Stephen Feigenbaum - Clair de lune
* 2007 Joshua Shank - A Grass-Green Pillow
* 2006 Abbie Betinis - Carmina Mei Cordis (Songs of my heart)
* 2005 David Schneider, Bloomington, IN, USA - O Colonia
* 2004 Sydney Guillaume, Miami, FL, USA - Kalinda
* 2003 Paul Carey, Oak Park, IL, USA - Esta Tarde
* 2002 Giselle Wyers, Boise, ID, USA - Ave Maria
* 2001 Ulrike Emanuelsson, Lund, Sweden - R–sten ur m–rkret sjunger
* 2000 Julian Wachner, Boston, MA, USA - there is a moon sole
* 1999 Jason Bahr, Urbana, IL, USA - Psaume 1
* 1998 Forrest Pierce, Urbana, IL, USA - Song of Songs
* 1997 Tsippi Fleischer, Tel Aviv, Israel - No Hand has Touched You