Login   Sign Up 

Site Search.

New Members

Other Resources
News Archive

Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  denico at 14:30 on 31 March 2008

Hello everyone,

yesterdaymorning i wrote a piece for orchestra. I recorded it tonight, but i did not really orchestrate it yet. (i just layered some orchestra sounds and recorded it).

By brother tells me he really hates the first part, the static part, that is played in the beginning, the middle and at the end. He likes the romantic part of the piece.

I need your advice before i start orchestrating . Should i delete the static parts and come up with something else, or what do you think ?

Here is the link:

http://boomp3.com/m/ebeb6c31f6b4/church

Thanks and Kind regards

Remco

Re: Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  Account Closed at 17:58 on 08 April 2008

I tried looking at your piece, but the link seems to go to nothing.

David

Re: Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  denico at 19:06 on 08 April 2008

strange, the link works for me.
It has been listened to for 35 times, so it works for other people too.

Maybe the site was offline for a second or so or just very slow. Maybe you could try it again a little bit later

Kind regards

R.Denessen

Re: Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  Account Closed at 19:15 on 08 April 2008

Yes, it's working now! I've listened to it: the beginning sounds very much like variants on Handel's chorus from The Messiah 'Lift Up Your Heads', and almost more like Guilmant's March for organ based on the same.

I certainly prefer the two middle sections to the outer one's (which I assume you are referring to as the static sections). I wonder whether it needs anything here. It sounds like a lovely Romantic sounding piece, then a harpsichord comes in and it goes a bit Baroque. The sections in themselves are good, but not sure they fit together.

Anyway, only my two pennys worth!

David

Re: Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  denico at 19:40 on 08 April 2008

Thanks for your comment !

I don't know the pieces you ar referring to, but i will certainly listen to them.

Other people on another forum told me that they liked the static part more, or that the piece was really well contructed.

So i am still not sure about this piece. I think i will let it rest for a while. Maybe when i hear it back in a few months i can make up my mind about it.

Thanks for your comment, i appreciate it :-)

Kind regards

Remco

Re: Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  Account Closed at 19:42 on 08 April 2008

I think you are always going to get a variety of responses, as it is often down to personal taste! I hadn't seen any other replies to your message? How have others got in touch with you? I must be missing something here!

David

Re: Advice needed on this composition for orchestra  denico at 19:54 on 08 April 2008

Hello david

i also posted the message on another forum on another website.
its www.youngcomposers.net

Also a great community.

I did it because the members on that website are much more active on the forum than on this website.

Hopefully the administrator will not remove the link.

Of course, many people have different responses. All people are different and thats also a great thing of life (i think).

So for this moment, i did not make up my mind about this piece . It sounds natural to me when i hear it, but i think i will have to change the static part. I think i wont use the Brass that much when i will start orchestrating it in the future. The difference between the sweet romantic part and the Barok , Chopinish part is to big i think. So a good balanced orchestration might be the solution.

Kind regards

Remco