Login   Sign Up 

Site Search.

New Members

Other Resources
News Archive

Putting my music onto the internet /this website?  Matthew at 14:20 on 21 January 2008

I am a new member on this website I would like to know how to download my music onto this website/onto my computer for that matter.Is their a program which is available to do this?

Re: Putting my music onto the internet /this website?  David Bruce at 18:42 on 21 January 2008

There are various ways to get music from a CD on to your computer. The process is known as ripping. Programs like Itunes and windows media player can do this for you although that will be in a format that isn't recognised by this site. For this site you need to get into mp3 format, and there are programs around that will convert your files. There are probably other programs that will rip the CD straight to mp3 format. Hope that gets you started!

Re: Putting my music onto the internet /this website?  lawes at 20:48 on 21 January 2008

This link is to one of many free cd ripping programs (most of which allow you to choose the format, mp3, OGG etc)

http://www.tucows.com/preview/371726

(ive not tried the program linked to above, I use "soundforge" for CD extraction, it should work though, if not google more, there are many)

Re: Putting my music onto the internet /this website?  Gary Green at 18:48 on 24 January 2008

Hi Matthew. You don't say what format your music is in at the moment. ie. is it on CD, an old cassette (remember those)? Is it already recorded as a wav file or some other digital audio format?
Gary

Re: Putting my music onto the internet /this website?  Matthew at 19:03 on 24 January 2008

At the moment Gary it is written on manuscript paper.

Re: Putting my music onto the internet /this website?  Gary Green at 20:29 on 26 January 2008

Hi Matthew
You will need to get some music notation or sequencer software. This will allow you to enter your music onto the computer in a format that will allow it to play it back to you. You can generally play the music in via a keyboard or enter it manually note by note.

This software will allow you to select sound sources or include them within the software - this can cover anything from synthesizers, drums, classical instrumentation, choirs, but you need to ensure that if you buy any extra sound sources that they are compatible with your notation or sequencer software.

You need to make sure your software allows you to record the output as audio.

You also need to be able to convert this audio to an mp3 file, which you can upload to this site.

Hope this helps - Gary