bbhrupp (21/7)
  Milo1865 (17/7)
  supertrex (17/7)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

summer teaching in the UK  Ray at 23:51 on 11 January 2008

Dear fellow composers,

I am currently teaching at Gordon College in Wenham, MA (USA). I teach theory, composition, counterpoint, instrumentation and arranging and direct our active undergraduate composers' guild. Prior to this I have had 15 years experience in scoring for film and television, mostly for the documentary community in the Boston area. This has included PBS, the History and Discovery channels and several museum installations. I hold an undergraduate degree from Yale University and an MFA from Brandeis Graduate School of Music. Teaching has given me the opportunity to return once again to serious art music although I absorbed a great variety of styles while film scoring, some of which were a fair stretch for a university trained musician.

I am seeking the opportunity to do some summer teaching in the UK, particularly in London and I would be willing to teach in any of the aforementioned areas, particularly in the area of film scoring at any level. I have a tremendous love for England and greatly admire so much of the music of contemporary British composers. I wonder if any of you might have any suggestions or contacts for me. I would be most grateful!

Sincerely,
Ray

Ray.Loring@gordon.edu