Camron70 (22/10)
  sumio (21/10)
  Archery Promos (20/10)
  Evan Merklin (18/10)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

This 37 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1   2  [3] 
  Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  dunkinwedd at 10:56 on 02 July 2007

What is a romantic? What is a Romantic?

Is Bach a C20th composer? Is Schoenberg a romantic? or a Romantic?

Is what people like a sign of artistic value? Is piargno old at 23?

Should posters to this thread use their spacebar? Shood thay lern to spel?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

And most of all:

Why have the members of this forum got so much time on their hands?

:-)

Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  scott_good at 12:39 on 02 July 2007

What is a romantic?

- the particular state, both physical and mental, which occurs during sunsets, full moons or walks on the beach. Often accompanied by a glass of wine, violin music, and candle light. Sometimes described as hopeless.

What is a Romantic?

- part of a system designed by historians to Rolodex history into some kind of chronological order. Convenient, but creatively stifling.

Is Bach a C20th composer?

- maybe. but probably not. but, it's more interesting to think he was.

Is Schoenberg a romantic? or a Romantic?

- romantic

Is what people like a sign of artistic value?

- if it's what i like ;-)

Is piargno old at 23?

- if your 12, yes - if your 38, no

Should posters to this thread use their spacebar?

-fortherespectofrespecttoeachotherstime,itwouldbebesttouseaspacebarotherwiseasimplesentencebecomequiteunweildy

Shood thay lern to spel?

- nah, they should learn to read.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

And most of all:

Why have the members of this forum got so much time on their hands?

- uhhhhh....gotta go.
:-)

Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  piargno at 14:36 on 02 July 2007

324.7? I thought it was 342.7! Perhaps I'm dislexic, which may be a sign of my old age.

Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  scott_good at 14:52 on 02 July 2007

that's funny, you old man

btw - was just slamming through some brahms op118,119 - jeeze man, how can you not like this music? so darned pretty, and smart - well composed.

i love the Amaj, Cmaj, Bmin, heck, they are all good (no, they're grrrrreat...)

+ 1st symphony, 2nd, 3rd, even the 4th

2nd piano concerto...clarinet sonata - horn trio

Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  piargno at 16:17 on 02 July 2007

With Brahms, I always feel that performing Brahms is better than listening. The symphonies, however, are just God Awful. I can't see how that crud is actually taken seriously.

I must admit, though, playing some of the intermezzos makes me very relaxed, but I can't listen to other people playing them. And singing in the requiem made me cry (during the dress rehearsal and the performance), but then I hear the piece, and I just feel so empty. The only pieces that I really like both listening and playing are the 4-hand waltzes and the hungarian rhapsodies transcriptions, but those aren't serious pieces for him. That's probably why I like them. To me, he only composed about 3 "serious" pieces. Everything else are just variations.

I'm fececious (sp. check), though. Don't take me seriously. I don't! XD

Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  James McFadyen at 16:40 on 02 July 2007

Re: question from a newbee, where are the romantics ?  James McFadyen at 17:56 on 02 July 2007

Captain Sensible - "Happy Talk"

Now there's good music! LMAO

This 37 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1   2  [3]