Roland Auzet (22/11)
  Flaute (20/11)
  M.Akram (20/11)
  margaretmoss12 (18/11)
  aldymf91 (17/11)

» Full C:T Members List

Other Resources
News Archive

Charges for commissions/innovative promotional ideas  cherylhoad at 13:18 on 13 March 2007

Hello,

Does anyone have the recommended up-to-date charges from the British Academy of Composers (or something) for commissioning music? I seem to remember it was on Comp. today, but it seems to have disappeared....

Also, I'm interested to know if anyone has any novel promotional ideas for their work, other than myspace and websites?

Re: Charges for commissions/innovative promotional ideas  David Bruce at 13:24 on 13 March 2007

It was, but they asked us to remove it as they are in a legal row with the Office of Fair Trading who claim publishing such recommended charges was in breach of competition laws or something - seems ridiculous, but there you go.

Re: Charges for commissions/innovative promotional ideas  cherylhoad at 13:27 on 13 March 2007

Yes, I thought that might be the case - i phoned up the British Academy and they said they couldn't give me them for the same reason - seems crazy! So how is anyone supposed to know what they are worth? Seems so silly! Does this mean we can just ask for how much we want (even though we all know we probably wont get it haha!)